The GFP list makes use of over 50 factors to determine each nation's Power Index ("PwrIndx") score. This provides the final ranking and allows smaller, technologically-advanced, nations to compete with larger, lesser-developed ones. Some bonuses (and penalties) are added for refinement. In the end, we hope it presents an unbiased outlook on the potential conventional military strength of a given country if only to stir some healthy debate.
Things to keep in mind:
• Nuclear capability is NOT taken into account
• Geographical factors influence every country's ranking
• Ranking does not solely rely on total number of weapons available
• Natural resource reliance (use/production) is taken into account
• Land-locked nations are NOT penalized for lack of a standing navy
• Naval powers ARE penalized for limited naval capabilities
• Current political/military leadership is NOT taken into account
As of 02/13/2014 there are a total of 106 countries included in the GFP database. Due to the amount of data involved, adjustments are ongoing and corrections still being considered.
Partial Sources: CIA.gov; CIA World Factbook; wikipedia.com. Some values estimated based on factors available when official sources are lacking.
POWERS BY REGION:
©2014 www.GlobalFirepower.com • Content ©2006-2014 GlobalFirepower.com • All Rights Reserved
Material presented throughout this website is for entertainment value and is derived from publicly-available information. Some values are estimated when official data is not known. This site is not endorsed by any one political or governmental entity and remains a wholly-independent online property. All material presented "as is" without any guarantee.